[Vm-dev] Differences in OpenGL support on Linux vs. OS X?

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:29:52 UTC 2012

Bert,

On Jun 6, 2012, at 4:35 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> I seem to recall that indeed regular drawing in Linux could be seen "over" the OpenGL view.
>
> The simplest fix would be to Not Do That ;) That is, do not do any drawing besides OpenGL - which you don't want to do in any case because of performance reasons.
>
> - Bert -

As a result of following your suggestion, I have a little more detail/clarity re: what's going on.  What I thought was the background being drawn over the OpenGL view was in fact the background showing through the OpenGL view as it is mostly transparent most of the time and appears that the full OpenGL frame is not being displayed... though it does appear to have rendered in OpenGL properly based on what I can see.  I've uploaded a minimal example image that can demonstrate the issue when running on Linux yet works perfectly on OS X if you or anyone else would have a minute to look at it: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7kzoa_8KiEDcGFWYUcwclgybTQ (under <5 meg, publicly available)

Thanks,
Phil