[Vm-dev] StackVM compilation problem

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:10:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the StackVM on Linux (x86_64) but I get this error:

Linking C executable /tmp/stackvm/blessed/results/StackVM
CMakeFiles/StackVM.dir/tmp/stackvm/blessed/src/vm/gcc3x-interp.c.o: In
function `L0checkImageVersionFromstartingAt':
gcc3x-interp.c:(.text+0x104e5): undefined reference to
`sqImageFileReadEntireImage'
make[2]: *** [/tmp/stackvm/blessed/results/StackVM] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/StackVM.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I generate the code using:
StackUnixConfig new
  addExternalPlugins: #( FT2Plugin SqueakSSLPlugin );
  addInternalPlugins: #( UnixOSProcessPlugin );
  generateSources; generate.
Smalltalk snapshot: false andQuit: true.

The CogUnixConfig produces working virtual machine. The StackVM
Jenkins job is working well but I do not see any difference in
comparison to the process I do. Any Idea?

Cheers,
-- Pavel