[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Smalltalk as embedded platform/language?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:51:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is very long post, so i decided to put it on my blog.
>
> http://computeradventures.wordpress.com/
>
> i more or less realizing the scale of changes in order to achieve it,
> but i also wonder why we do not pay attention to this aspect..
> maybe i miss something, maybe we don't need it at all. or maybe
> there's less painful alternatives...

My main task this year at Cadence is to make Newspeak embeddable.  So I
will have cycles to work on this :)  I've done it before with VisualWorks,
although it never made production.  I'd *like* to use this as cover for
working on the new object representation too, but that's proving harder to
sell.

--
best,
Eliot