[Vm-dev] Proposal: get rid of primitive numbers

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Mar 10 21:22:21 UTC 2012

Am 10.03.2012 12:08, schrieb Igor Stasenko:
> Just out of curiosity, can anyone say (without looking into image), what
> <primitive: 135> does?
> And now, same question, what
> <primitive: #primitiveMillisecondClock>
> does?
>
> Never ending fight: meaningful names vs meaningless numbers

Since a primitive is typically a low-level implementation of a method (whose name, comment and maybe primitive failure
code should state what it actually does), there's not really a guessing game.
Granted, your suggestion would make it look a little nicer, so if you just want to implement it, it would probably be
accepted easily. However, I don't see it as a most pressing problem...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin