[Vm-dev] Problem building CogMT vm with CogMTCocoaIOSConfig

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:00:06 UTC 2012

Hi guys. If I do:

CogMTCocoaIOSConfig new
       "generateForDebug;"
       generateSources; generate.

I get this error:

[ 36%] Building C object
CMakeFiles/CogMTVM.dir/Users/mariano/Pharo/VM/git/cogVMBlessedSSH/blessed/src/vm/cogit.c.o
<command-line>: warning: "COGMTVM" redefined
<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/Users/mariano/Pharo/VM/git/cogVMBlessedSSH/blessed/src/vm/cogit.c:18:22:
error: cointerp.h: No such file or directory

This is wrong because the file it should be searching is cointerpmt.h: and
not cointerp.h. So what I think it is happening is that somehow we are
missing the -DCOGMTVM=1 we are sending while compiling. So then Cog thinks
it is a regular Cog (not MT) and hence tries to include cointerp.h.
Moreover, this warning is suspiciuous:
<command-line>: warning: "COGMTVM" redefined

Of course, if I use CogCocoaIOSConfig instead of CogMTCocoaIOSConfig, it
works fine.

Any ideas?  I will see if I find something more.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com