[Vm-dev] Help/advice tracking down a squeak-vm regression

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Thu May 10 19:38:33 UTC 2012

Hi, all.

To add to what Amos wrote...

I knew about the sound primitive problem. But the Scratch image (and other Squeak images
from the same vintage) just give a blank screen with the latest Squeak VM, so it appears
that there are other incompatibilities. From the msqueak.image test, it appears that the file
primitives are also incompatible. I'm not sure when that might have happened.

A useful thing someone could do would be to understand exactly what changes are
needed to make the Scratch image make it work on current Squeak VM's.

Re:
> 2. Ask heroic, generous, kind Squeak developers to help change the Scratch.image to make it compatible with later VMs. They can then re-release it under the GPL, or give it to us to release as an update to the source package.

Or they could just give us a .st file that we can file in to patch our Scratch .image file.

	-- John