[Vm-dev] CogDroid VMMaker issues

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:51:07 UTC 2012

In trying to generate sources from VMMaker per the instructions at http://code.google.com/p/squeakvm-tablet/wiki/CogNotes, I ran into a couple of issues.  The first one was a syntax error when loading CMakeVMMaker-golubovsky.136.mcz in StackEvtUnixConfig>>platformSources
	"answer the same set of source files except that sqUnixMain.c is replaced with sqUnixEvtMain.c,
	sqUnixHeartbeat.c is replaced with sqUnixEvtBeat.c"

  ^ super platformSources collect: [ :file | (file = 'sqUnixMain.c')
											ifTrue: 'sqUnixEvtMain.c'
											ifFalse: [(file = 'sqUnixHeartbeat.c')
												ifTrue: 'sqUnixEvtBeat.c'
												ifFalse: file]
											].

this was easy enough to fix (I had the same issue with version 141):

platformSources
	"answer the same set of source files except that sqUnixMain.c is replaced with sqUnixEvtMain.c,
	sqUnixHeartbeat.c is replaced with sqUnixEvtBeat.c"

  ^ super platformSources collect: [ :file | (file = 'sqUnixMain.c')
											ifTrue: ['sqUnixEvtMain.c']
											ifFalse: [(file = 'sqUnixHeartbeat.c')
												ifTrue: ['sqUnixEvtBeat.c']
												ifFalse: file]
											].

After everything was loaded without errors, I ran:

StackEvtAndroidConfig new
generateSources;
generate.

with CMakeVMMaker-golubovsky.136.mcz/VMMaker-oscog-golubovsky.111.mcz I get:

'MessageNotUnderstood: CMakeAndroidPluginGenerator>>append:with:'

so I tried the latest CMakeVMMaker-golubovsky.141.mcz/VMMaker-oscog-golubovsky.130.mcz I get:

'Error: Sets cannot meaningfully contain nil' in CCodeGeneratorGlobalStructure(CCodeGenerator)>>emitCConstantsOn: in the literalsDo: block which appears to be due to literal8 being set to nil->VMClass class.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? (i.e. which version of the packages should I be trying to get working based on the versions of Pharo/VMMaker specified in Mariano's post?)

Thanks,
Phil