[Vm-dev] CogDroid VMMaker issues

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:15:38 UTC 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 10:35 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>> Any suggestions on how to proceed? (i.e. which version of the packages should I be trying to get working based on the versions of Pharo/VMMaker specified in Mariano's post?)
>>

> I see that if you take latest version of CMakeVMMaker, you will find
> all changes made by Dmirty.
> But i'm not sure about VMMaker.
>
> As for how to proceed: just download an image from jenkins server.
> This is most painless
> and time saving way.
> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Git%20Tracker/
> see vmmaker-image.zip
>
> if you use those images, at least you will know that its working.
> it may not contain the latest versions of packages, because it using
> metacello configs.
> And we produce new metacello configs after changes accumulated, or if
> there is a critical bug..
> but not for every new package commit.

Igor,

Thanks very much for the tip, that is much simpler way to go!

Dimitry,

Doing as Igor suggested resulted in another easy to correct issue: MNU from StackEvtAndroidConfig>>prepareForGeneration for CrLfFileStream defaultToLF which I changed to MultiByteFileStream defaultToLF.

Now let's see what VMMaker spit out...

Thanks,
Phil