[Vm-dev] CogDroid VMMaker issues

Dmitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:10:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have spotted this in the VM mailing list (I only read it via web
occasionally these days, so please cc me for faster response if there
is a problem, or file an issue in the squeakvm-tablet project).

Here are the instructions (still inexact, but someone followed them,
and succeeded).

# clone the repo

git clone https://git.gitorious.org/~golubovsky/cogvm/dmg-blessed.git

# go to the build scripts directory

cd <repo/root>/codegen-scripts

# create the base Pharo image

export SQUEAKVM=<path/to/precompiled/squeak/vm/executable>; sh
./buildImage.sh -headless

# make sure there is no PharoDebug.log in <repo/root>/build, and there
is generator.image (or there may be PharoDebug.log containing
unrelated warnings, e. g. about AbstractLauncher - use -nosound
instead of -headless if you would like to inspect the problem)

# generate the VM and plugins from VMMaker

sh ./generate.sh -headless StackEvtAndroidConfig

# build the native VM

cd <repo/root>/platforms/android/project

./ndk-build

This only builds the native VM. It is now librarified: to build actual
Android project, see under
<repo/root>/platforms/android/derived/generic - this should build an
actual apk

ant clean && ant debug   (reference to the native library is already
in project.properties)

PS Some time ago I requested access to Jenkins to allow me set up
Cogdroid build jobs - has there been any progress?

Thanks.

--
Dmitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web