[Vm-dev] source.squeak.org down - update

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 14:51:26 UTC 2012

Well, a couple of things.

The last time source.squeak.org was down was May. At the time Ken
accessed the Hetzner robot to reboot the server. I have an email saying
he got access from Marcus.

I ssh'd into box2 and the squeakso process (seen with top -d 3) is now
<defunct>. I think this means it is now a zombie having no parent
process and that the problem can only be solved with a reboot.

Somebody needs to go to the Hetzner robot and flip the "reboot" switch.
I would also point out that is is Thanksgiving in the USA, but not in
France. I think Ken will be out of the picture for days. If somebody
could contact Marcus (he's cc'd above) to flip the switch, perhaps that
would be a solution.

Chris