[Vm-dev] Building StackVM on ARM linux meego-hartmann

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:35:55 UTC 2012

2012/10/4 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>

> sqLowLevelMFence() is low-level assembler function used in various atomic
> operations.
> It is not defined for ARM architecture. Can't help with it.. i know
> little about ARM.
> But as i told you, Dimitry already dealt with these problems when making
> VM work
> on android platform you should just look and adopt his code.
> Search mailing list , you can find pointers.
>
> Btw, iPhone VM also runs on ARM, so the solution which Esteban/John
> Macintosh found, should be similar.
> I cannot say any more details, because i simply don't know.
>
> > dct.c:(.text+0x2d54): undefined reference to `cos'
> > dct.c:(.text+0x2d60): undefined reference to `sin'
> > dct.c:(.text+0x2ef8): undefined reference to `sincos'
> > collect2: perform ld complete with code 1
> > make[2]: *** [/cogVM/blessed/results/StackVM] Ошибка 1
> > make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/StackVM.dir/all] Ошибка 2
> > make: *** [all] Ошибка 2
> >
> no libm on ARM?
>
> -lm

So I should try to resolve all undefines.

> > What can be reason? Are undefined's just warnings?
> >
> > Mariano write about:
> >>
> >> Then, I have a problem at linking time, "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find
> -lGL", which
> >

> > But I dont see any "cannot find -lGL".
> > What this error actualy means?
> >

> means that you need to find a code which uses that and remove it :)
>

> P.S. and welcome to beautiful world of C :)

Yes, C world is amazing :))
I wondering about tons of defines pragma instructions.
So my first think why all this precompile instructions not implemented at
smalltalk side with good object abstraction?
If you see code you know about tons of
   ifdefine IPhoneSomething else ifdefine SomethingElse...
which repeated at many places of platforms code. (dont know about slang)