[Vm-dev] Simulators need some care

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Mon Oct 22 02:39:30 UTC 2012

Hi:

I was trying to use the StackInterpreterSimulator as well the InterpreterSimulator inside the image that is in the Cog svn branch. (with VMMaker.oscog-lw.207)

I ran into issues with undefined globals/class vars.
I attached a changeset with some of the trivial things I already fixed.

However, I ran also into the issue that in StackInterpreter>>#moveFramesIn:through:toPage:  FoxCallerContext is not defined, and I have no idea how to replace it.

I also had to ignore failing assertions to get that far, and there are plenty of those.

The InterpreterSimulator fails because AtCacheTotalSize is not defined.

Do you have advice in which context the related changes were made and what the correct fixes would be?

I also wonder with all these changes to StackInterpreter to fix the undefined globals, whether the thing is actually still functional.

Thanks
Stefan