[Vm-dev] Simulators need some care

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:51:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Stefan Marr <smalltalk at stefan-marr.de>wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I was trying to use the StackInterpreterSimulator as well the
> InterpreterSimulator inside the image that is in the Cog svn branch. (with
> VMMaker.oscog-lw.207)
>
> I ran into issues with undefined globals/class vars.
> I attached a changeset with some of the trivial things I already fixed.
>
> However, I ran also into the issue that in
> StackInterpreter>>#moveFramesIn:through:toPage:  FoxCallerContext is not
> defined, and I have no idea how to replace it.
>
> I also had to ignore failing assertions to get that far, and there are
> plenty of those.
>
> The InterpreterSimulator fails because AtCacheTotalSize is not defined.
>
> Do you have advice in which context the related changes were made and what
> the correct fixes would be?

I don't. But there was an argentinian that some time ago spent some effort
in trying to make these simulators work in Pharo.
He has to fix a lot of things. The result is in this email:
http://forum.world.st/Got-quot-Error-basicNew-failed-quot-when-running-InterpreterSimulator-td3835723.html
I would like that all that effort is not lost :(

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com