[Vm-dev] FreeBSD port lang/squeak: 4.4.7_2 - invalid UTF8 - UTF8TextConverter class>> errorMalFormedInput:

Takeshi MUTOH mutoh at 610t.org
Thu Sep 6 12:27:03 UTC 2012

Hi Henry, thank you for your advice.

On 2012/09/06, at 18:11, Henrik Sperre Johansen <henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no> wrote:

> On 06.09.2012 08:06, Takeshi MUTOH wrote:
>>  Hi, I'm a maintainer of FreeBSD port lang/squeak.
>>
>> I receive a serious problem report below:
>> - http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/171291
  (snip)
> That's seems to be a corrupted Squeak41.sources file, afaict the source offset in the image is correct, but the contents at that offset is gibberish.
> I'd suggest checking the version included in FreeBSD port vs the one found at ftp://squeak.org/4.1/SqueakV41.sources.gz

Your suggestion is right.
When I replace Squeak41.sources to ftp://squeak.org/4.1/SqueakV41.sources.gz, the problem is fixed.

I'll make patch to fix this problem.

How do you find the problem?
I want to know for fixing this kind of problem.

Thank you very much, again.
--
Takeshi MUTOH <mutoh at openedu.org>