[Vm-dev] Re: Compiling on Mountain Lion

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:39:17 UTC 2012

On 11 September 2012 19:32, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

> EstebanLM wrote
>>
>> xcode is not the funniest piece of software :S
>>

> Opening the giant C file for the main VM loop was really fun in Xcode on
> Lion because it meant I could take a nice coffee break while it opened the
> file :)

cannot add anything to that.
definitely, xcode editor was not designed to handle multi-megabyte
source files well :)
but i think if you disable syntax highlighting and other niceties in
editor, it should handle it fine,
because my suspicion is that it wastes a lot of time for parsing it to
do a proper syntax highlighting.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.