[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] The roadmap aka fight plan to make image control host window

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:57:23 UTC 2012

Remember, Andreas added a nice new feature into (at least) windows
VMs, where upon startup it showing a splash image?
By reading a .bmp file and delaying rest of process by couple seconds.
That maybe useful. But what if tomorrow, my customer will want to keep
showing it, till user click on it?
What you will do? Right! Go and hack VM. And what if he will want to
show splash and progress bar while loading/initializing stuff? Another
shitloads of code into VM?
And something fantastic, what if customer would like to use different
image format for splash screen, png, jpeg? And what if we would like
to automatically download the splash image from web site before
showing it?

So, where is the end of this? When you will finally say "enough", we
need proper window management in image?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.