[Vm-dev] [Cog] Stack (mis)alignment on windows

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:55:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

if i build a debug version of VM on windows , it spams me with this
assertion failed in debug console window:

(getfp() & STACK_ALIGN_MASK) == STACK_FP_ALIGN_BYTES 41946

what is this number '41946', which follows? sometimes it is 42015 (and
sometimes other), but most of times it's 41946.

Actual question, how i can instruct gdb to break on a first failure of
this assertion, so i can catch who causing this (or at least get close
to one who causing it)..

P.S. the STACK_ALIGN_BYTES  is 16

P.P.S. i wonder for how long this thing broken there, since we're not
building/using debug version of VM that often.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.