[Vm-dev] Cog stack VM on ARM?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 5 17:17:24 UTC 2013

Actually I have somebody much more experienced with making pixels move fast on Pi-like hardware (it's quite baroque; you have to play games with the cache controllers and sacrifice Gerbils at the right time etc) sorting out a new low-level of bitblt for us. He's doing some interesting stuff with promising interim results, too.

Some of the techniques he uses might speed up the GC as well; a non-trivial part of our gc involves moving bits from one place to another, ie bitblting oops. Allocations should benefit too, since they are substantially a case of bitblting 0/nil to large-ish arrays.

I'm just starting to work on the stackVM as well.

This is possibly well out the area you're interested in but maybe you'd like to have a go at starting a test suite for Scratch? It's all very well having gazillions of projects out there to load and try but I'd much prefer to see a well done, logically set up suite of projects that test, well everything.

tim
If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.