[Vm-dev] Putting internal and external generated plugins in a common directory (was: VMMaker-oscog issues on RISC OS)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 21:20:09 UTC 2013

On 10 April 2013 05:41, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 03:25:52PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>> I'm making a start at building the RISC OS StackVM and running into some fun problems.
>>
>> First one was the code in VMMaker class>generateConfiguration that builds directory names by means of evil URI related methods. Strange and ugly results occur for RISC OS and tracing the code reveals many strange and ugly things happening for every platform - it's just that on an OS where something like / is  acceptable as a root directory it sort of ends up ok. RISC OS does not do that and I'm a little surprised that it doesn't cause problems on Windows too. My perfectly nice SDFS:RISCOSPi.$ root gets mangled to something like /SDFS%3ARISCOSPi%2F%2a/ or whatever. A simple fix for that is to change to "(FileDirectory default directoryNamed:'foo/bar') fullName"
>>

> On a related (?) note, I would like to ask if the RISC OS build could be
> changed to allow all plugins (whether internal or external) to be generated
> to a single source directory, i.e.
>
>   src/plugins/FilePlugin/
>   src/plugins/OSProcessPlugin/
>
> Instead of:
>
>   src/vm/intplugins/FilePlugin/
>   src/plugins/OSProcessPlugin/

+1

it is already like that in CMakeVMMaker.
I don't remember how i did it, but generated code placed in the way
like you proposing:

[~/projects/cog/sig-cog/src]: ls -l
total 16
-rw-r--r--@  1 sig  staff   826 Feb 15 14:54 examplePlugins.ext
-rw-r--r--@  1 sig  staff    83 Feb 15 14:54 examplePlugins.int
drwxr-xr-x  49 sig  staff  1666 Jan  8 15:39 plugins
drwxr-xr-x  13 sig  staff   442 Feb 15 14:54 vm

[~/projects/cog/sig-cog/src]: ls -l plugins
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 ADPCMCodecPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 AioPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 AsynchFilePlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 B2DPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 B3DAcceleratorPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 BMPReadWriterPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 BitBltPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 ClipboardExtendedPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 CroquetPlugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 sig  staff  102 Feb 15 14:54 DSAPrims

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.