[Vm-dev] SqueakSSL: undefined symbol: SSL_connect, on linux CentOS x64 and latest Cog

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Apr 12 11:40:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 09:31:08AM +0400, Nikolay Suslov wrote:

> Hello,
> Trying compiling the latest CogVM on linux CentOS 6.3 x64 with enabled
> SqueakSSL plugin. Everything is gone ok, I get the vm and the plugin.
> But the SqueakSSL primitive (create) fails signalling on the terminal:
> SqueakSSL: undefined symbol: SSL_connect
>
> What could be wrong?

It means that the function SSL_connect, which is declared in the ssh.h
header file at compile time, could not be dynamically loaded at run time.
This might be the case if the necessary library is not installed on your
system, or if you have a 64 bit OS and do not have the 32 bit version of
the library installed (which would be required for Cog).