[Vm-dev] cygwinbuild windres is failing

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 18:37:33 UTC 2013

I have an error message when compiling COG from cygwinbuild:

windres: unexpected version string length 68 != 32 + 8

I tried to revert some of the latest changes
1) The replacement of the $FILEVERSIONSTRING and $FILEVERSIONVALUES with
hardcoded values in Squeak.rc did not solve anything.
2) Neither did the replacement of GreenCogSqueak.ico with Croquet.ico

Any idea?

This PC used to compile a VM a few months ago, and I don't remember
installing anything new...
The version of windres is:

$ windres -V
GNU windres (GNU Binutils) 2.22.51.20111013
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later
version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.