[Vm-dev] modified method temp references in closures: possible bug?

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 13:08:24 UTC 2013

I just came across this (possible) bug and I'm able to reproduce it in Pharo 2.0 and 3.0 with the latest PharoVM (found in a 1.3 with NBCog):

expected (by my feeble mind):
1
2

actual:
2
2

| methodScope |
collection := OrderedCollection new.
1 to: 2 do: [ :index |
	methodScope := index.
	dict add: [ methodScope ] ].

collection do: [ :block | Transcript show: block value; cr ]

I'm aware that using method temps in this way is not good programming style (usually) but I still think this behavior is curious if not at least very likely to cause a lot of weird errors.

Should I open a bug report?

Cheers,
Max