[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] modified method temp references in closures: possible bug?

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 13:27:52 UTC 2013

Sorry, yes, "dict" should be "collection".

On 02.08.2013, at 15:16, Clément Béra <bera.clement at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not a bug.
>
> Here your variable methodScope is defined outside the block, therefore all the blocks and the method refers to the same variable when calling methodScope.

Yes, I understand that. I just wanted to make sure that's the intended functionality. The reason I ask is that the error isn't easy to spot and there's no cue that one might be doing something wrong (It's not my code by the way :P). Especially for newcomers this can be a tricky one.

I totally agree with you that the variables belong to the block and should be declared there.