[Vm-dev] auto updates from issue tracker now blocked (was: [Pharo-dev] Put issues from cog issue tracker into pharo issue tracker)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 11:58:16 UTC 2013

On 9 August 2013 13:46, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 2013-08-08, at 22:43, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 09:59:15PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, clearly excessive, but isn't the transition finished?
>>
>> I have no idea if it is finished. Let's hope so.
>>
>> Note that I have not actually turned anything off, I think it's worth a day
>> or so of discussion before changing anything.
>>
>>> From my point of view, the automatic updates from cog at googlecode were already
>> sending too many trivial notifications to the list, and I was not finding it
>> very useful. Maybe others find it helpful though. I'd be interested to hear
>> from Eliot, Igor, or Esteban.
>>
>> Dave
>
> We should try to find a balance between information and noise. If there is no information at all, people tend to forget these facilities even exist.
>
> For example, if it could be restricted to announce only new bugs I think it would be a very useful resource.

unfortunately, this is all what google tracker has (see attached).
So you have all or nothing, but not something in between.
The only way to achieve that, i think, is to write a mail filter and
put it somewhere,
to pass mails only with new issue/issue resolved events.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.