[Vm-dev] Re: I need help building Cog on 64bit Linux (new Squeak server)

Jeremy Kajikawa jeremy.kajikawa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:41:14 UTC 2013

The behaviour in SmallTalk relies on the underlying framework which you
state is C language and full of undefined behaviour...

Doesn't that make the SmallTalk environment Undefined Behavior as well by
inheriting the UB from the C layer it builds on?

Or is that just irrational F.U.D. in promotion of SmallTalk by detraction
against C?

*both* languages are capable and leave defining behavior to the authoring
programmer/coder/software-developer/...

Or at least that is my own understanding...

Belxjander