[Vm-dev] Some changes required to build the VM on OSX Lion

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Fri Feb 15 11:57:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

>From what is on: git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git

I had to do the following changes to the procedure:

Had to change the 10.6 into 10.7 into the generated image (a search on
source code was doing the trick)
Cmake from macports gave me some trouble. This was updated yesterday,
so, maybe linked to that.
Had to run it as root with a sudo (yikes!)
Had the to chown all files back to me.
Then make worked.
But then crashed.
Turned out that the generated vmVersionInfo.h contained extra chars at
the beginning "-n" and missed a terminating " (in fact, there was a
newline ruining the day.)

After that, results contained the Mac OSX VM and it ran on my box. (OSX Lion)

All of the HOWTOBUILD with

 # as of 10.7 llvm is the default but incompatible compiler
            export CC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.2'
            export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5
            sh ../codegen-scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
            cd build
            cmake .
            make

doesn't work. There is no /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 and llvm works. The 10.5
also gives issues.

Then I got the VM in results/ and it was able to open my images.

Phil