[Vm-dev] function signatures

Noah Evans noah.evans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:45:35 UTC 2013

So now I'm using the interpreter source tree from:

svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk

But I'm still getting burned by function signatures when I try to link:

Here's a typical culprit where ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule has been
declared as a void* in sq.h and later as a sqInt in
sqVirtualMachine.c:

sq.h:421: void  *ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule(sqInt
functionNameIndex, sqInt functionNameLength, void *moduleHandle);
sqNamedPrims.c:336: void *ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule(sqInt
functionNameIndex, sqInt functionNameLength, void *moduleHandle)
sqVirtualMachine.c:171: sqInt ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule(sqInt
functionNameIndex, sqInt functionNameLength, sqInt moduleHandle);
sqVirtualMachine.h:194: 	sqInt (*ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule)(sqInt
fnIndex, sqInt fnLength, sqInt handle);

Would anyone mind if I regularized the typing and submitted a patch or
is there an explicit reason for the difference?

Noah