[Vm-dev] StackVM with latest sources tinyBenchmarks

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:44:17 UTC 2013

ok, I forget that

On Feb 19, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    kudos to Nicolas for posting some useful numbers in that they
> provide some context, in this case the other VMs running on the same
> machine.  But wrist slaps to all of you for not specifying:
>
> 1. which OS

osx 10.8

> 2. what hardware

i7 8gb

> 3. what C compiler was used to compile the VM

4.6.3

> Further kudos for indicating what kind of load the machine is under
> (one has to run benchmarks on a relatively unstressed machine, even if
> multicore), and, *really usefully*, what a previous version's
> benchmark score is on the same machine.

no matter the load.
It is a comparative analysis: stackvm pre-merge with latest: 500 msends, after merge: 5msend... since I did not changed my mac for an ipad, the sends cannot be right. Also... 10% passive cpu usage is wrong, no matter the machine load.

yep... so where is the stack vm made with latest sources? (it is not in http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2678/)