[Vm-dev] [Pharo-project] Fwd: How can the main window title in Squeak and Pharo be set?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 02:33:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:39 AM, stephane ducasse <
stephane.ducasse at gmail.com> wrote:

> > and an additional piece of history is that a number of plugins,
> including the HostWindowPlugin, were enhanced at Qwaq/Teleplace (now 3d
> ICC), in a cross-platform manner since we supported Mac and Windows
> initially and later had a linux prototype.  The code for some of these
> enhanced plugins, including the HostWindowPlugin, was released along with
> Cog, which has an MIT license.  So if you mine the COg branch you'll find
> code that can be folded back into trunk you'll get the enhanced
> functionality.  For the Qwaq/Teleplace HostWindowPlugin that included
> setting the window title, repositioning and resizing the main window,
> querying its size, etc.
>
> Eliot
> I thought that the code from teleplace was under GPL.

All the image code from Teleplace is GPL.  I'm hoping that specific code
such as Andreas' improved profiler will be released under the MIT license.
 Fingers crossed :)

> The code for Cog made by teleplace is under another license (MIT)?

The VM is of course MIT otherwise the community wouldn't be using it :)

Stef

--
best,
Eliot