[Vm-dev] bug leaving Scratch presentation mode with squeak-vm 4.10.2-2614

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jan 23 01:25:21 UTC 2013

Matt I dimly recall a bug in the Scratch image code where the
ioForceDisplayUpdate is not invoked as part of the scratch drawing
cycle.
That leads to a white screen in some conditions if the
ioForceDisplayUpdate *is* needed to update the visual screen.

You should check the image source against the image found at
https://github.com/johnmci/Scratch.app.for.iOS

Also see http://isqueak.org/ioForceDisplayUpdate