[Vm-dev] ObjectMemory>initBytesPerWord: not called correctly

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jul 5 00:01:46 UTC 2013

Whilst getting back to generating sources to make the stack vm for Pi, I stumbled across this problem; during VMMaker>generateInterpreterFile the #buildCodeGeneratorForInterpreter method did not result in initBytesPerWord: running. Thus when actually generating code for ObjectMemory>byteSwapped: which uses Byte3ShiftNegated we get a dNu because Byte3ShiftNegated is actually nil.

It's a bit of a rat's nest in there these days so following the code is a bit tricky. In the debugger at VMMaker>generateInterpreterFile I did a restart and went to trace things but it then actually did the job perfectly. Weird. Anybody else been bitten?

I'm using VMMaker.oscog-tpr.301

tim
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do