[Vm-dev] StackVM with latest sources tinyBenchmarks

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:20:02 UTC 2013

Ok, following with this. What I can add to the discussion:

In linux, latest VMs yield the following results (I added a space every
three digits just to enhance readability)

"Pharo Cog"
1 tinyBenchmarks
'887 348 353 bytecodes/sec; 141 150 557 sends/sec'

"Pharo Stack"
1 tinyBenchmarks
'445 217 391 bytecodes/sec; 24 395 999 sends/sec'

While in Mac

"Pharo Cog"
1 tinyBenchmarks
'895 104 895 bytecodes/sec; 138 102 772 sends/sec'

"Pharo Stack"
1 tinyBenchmarks
'3 319 502 bytecodes/sec; 217 939 sends/sec'

So, I'd say it's a problem in cmake configuration or just compilation in
mac :). Though I didn't test on windowze.

Another thing that I noticed is that when compiling my VM on Mac, since I
updated Xcode, I was not longer using gnu gcc but llvm one. I tried to go
back using the gnu gcc but couldn't make it work so far, he.