[Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.213.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:25:36 UTC 2013

On 31 July 2013 14:20,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:

> Esteban Lorenzano uploaded a new version of CMakeVMMaker to project VM Maker:
> http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.213.mcz

> Name: CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.213
> Author: EstebanLorenzano
> Time: 31 July 2013, 3:20:50.226 pm
> UUID: 9de71d2d-aa6a-41cb-9234-5b040ba31287
> Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.212
>
> - removed non necesary message
> - some work (still not ready) for StackVM
>
> =============== Diff against CMakeVMMaker-EstebanLorenzano.212 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>   ----- Method: CPlatformConfig>>generateSources (in category 'source generation') -----
>   generateSources
>         "Generate whole VM + plugins sources"
>         | maker |
>
>         self validateSourcesPresent.
>         self prepareForGeneration.
>
>         "suppress questions and deprecation warnings during generation "
>         [[
>
>                 maker := self prepareVMMaker.
>
>                 maker interpreterClass: self interpreterClass.
>                 self cogitClass ifNotNil: [:cg |
>                         maker cogitClass: cg.
> -                       "this is ugly, before VMMaker will be fixed to initialize stuff properly"
> -                       Cogit initializeCompilationWithConstantsOptions: Dictionary new.
>                         cg initializeWithOptions: (maker instVarNamed: 'optionsDictionary')
>                 ].
>
>                 maker generateEntire
>
>         ] on: ProvideAnswerNotification do: [:ex | ex resume: true ]]
>         on: Deprecation do: [:ex | ex resume ].

I realise it might have no semantic meaning to `ex resume: true` on a
Deprecation, but if you didn't care too much about that you could use
an exception set and avoid a whole extra block (thus making things a
teeny bit easier to read):

  [
    "stuff"
  ] on: ProvideAnswerNotification, Deprecation do: [:ex | ex resume: true]

frank