[Vm-dev] Building StackVM with faster bitblt; problems, problems

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jun 22 02:08:07 UTC 2013

On 21-06-2013, at 6:55 PM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> The idea behind the oscog build is that VMMaker should generate the full set
> of sources needed by the platforms, and that you should control the actual build
> at configure/make/compile time, thus the approach of editing plugins.int and
> plugins.ext.

Hmph. OK, I guess I must have done something like that and forgotten about it. I can see a logic in the basic idea but boy would it be nice for it to be documented...

>> + how can I add the new files needed by the bitbltplugin? Configure does actually automatically add the .c files to the constructed bitbltplugin/Makefile but *not* the .s files
>>

> I don't know the answer, but for what it's worth the SqueakFFIPrims plugin contains
> assembler modules, so you might be able to figure something out based on how
> it is done there.

I spotted that plugin and thought the same; sadly there is nothing there that offers any suggestions to my eyes. The makefile fragments don't look any different to those for other plugins.

tim
Debugger: A tool that substitutes afterthought for forethought.