[Vm-dev] unit code for new faster bitblt

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jun 25 00:01:58 UTC 2013

Sigh. There always has to be some fly in your nice new ointment, doesn't there?

I've been trying to make the faster blt for the StackVM and having a rather unpleasant time trying to make any sense of auto* (but then it seems that is standard). The *really* annoying thing I've just discovered/realised is that we will need to get the assembler sources re-worked by the author in order to work with the standard 'gas' assembler, rather than relying on having asasm installed. I had no idea that source would be incompatible…

So, in the plain interpreter there is no current practical problem since the cmake fragments are set up to see if you are building on an ARM, which isn't completely satisfactory but decently 'safe'. And anyway, Ian hasn't added them to the SVN yet.

tim
Useful random insult:- Calls people to ask them their phone number.