[Vm-dev] "The tragedy of PIC" summary

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 08:06:37 UTC 2013

Hi eliot

So I was reading the PhD of Holzle and I wanted to know

	- I remember that at southampton (yes that far) you did a presentation on the tragedy of the PIC.
	And I would not find the slides (because there were none).
	What was the pitch? That megamorphic site are killing PIC?

	- does VW use type feedback?
	if yes, what were the strategies to decide what and when to recompile.

	- I was wondering how type feedback and PIC interact (I'm at chapter 5 of the PhD so may be this is explain in the self implementation part)
	the first case of the PIC could be based on type feedback?

Stef