[Vm-dev] Cross file updates

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Mar 8 04:06:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 06:07:45PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> The self var: #dispBits type: 'unsigned char * '. line seems to do nothing in the current VMMaker; I'm pretty sure it used to. Somewhere the SmartSyntax codegen stuff is over-riding that decl (or ignoring is more likely I guess) because of the primitive declaration using a 'WordArray'; that causes the use of (unsigned *). Using ByteArray makes is use (char *) instead.

It's certainly something related to that line. Nowadays, declarations of the form:

	self var: #dispBits type: 'unsigned char * '.

are done instead with method annotations:

	<var: #dispBits type: 'unsigned char * '>

but I have tried to keep the original mechanism intact in trunk VMMaker.

I tried changing the declaration to <var: #dispBits type: 'unsigned char * '>
and I still get exactly the same incorrect code generation.

Tim, if you have an older version of VMMaker readily at hand from your
recent Pi work, could you take a look at the generated code for HostWindowPlugin
and see if it has this same bug?