[Vm-dev] I need an idea. I know you have some. Give.

Jeremy Kajikawa jeremy.kajikawa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:56:38 UTC 2013

There are existing slicer and GCode managers for running 3D printers but
the current languages of choice are...

Python
Perl
C#
And Java...

Is anything squeak willingly GPL or an equivalent license?

There is also a patent minefield held by Stratasys, HP and various other
corporations

Other than being referred to OpenCobalt by a friend... I had never heard of
squeak and only knew of smalltalk in passing reference from a book on logo
when I was high school 2 decades ago...

Is it possible to have seperate "Applications" within a common runtime?

I understand the "everything is an object" concept

How would you seperate the object you serialize to the printer from the
rest of the 3D view?

Detail note, AMF SVG and STL formats are used with a non mesh 3D data
structure from my own experience of 3D printers and printing

Fun Facts courtesy of reprap software toolchains as available on github

I'll step away now,  I still need to bootstrap a smalltalk environment
without squeak or any other working host setup...

So far the environment has host details and I will plugin target modules
later....

Hopefully one of the VM wizards will enjoy stripping out non assembly for a
target generator?

That should help reduce "undefined behaviour" to a minimum set

Belxjander