[Vm-dev] literals in compiled method

Helmut Rohregger helmut.rohregger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:35:35 UTC 2013

Hi all

maybe someone of you can help me.
i am trying to read in a Squeak4.3.image in Java. My question is about
the image-format.
when i read in a compiled method, there is a object header, then a
compiled method header and then some literals. The last 2 literals are
always a ByteSymbol (message selector) and an association which contains
the class. I know the address of this association is at 0x1631470 in my
image.
But the address stored as literal in the compiled method is 0x4801470.
This is 0x31D0000 more then expected.
Anyone an idea, where this comes from?
Or maybe some help, where to look, to discover this?!?

thanks