[Vm-dev] Incomprehendable behaviour of ContextPart class >>#contextOn:do:

Lars lars.wassermann at googlemail.com
Sat May 18 22:49:32 UTC 2013

Hi Eliot,
thank you for the analysis.
The question is why the code works with the VM, but not if we step
through it. What does the VM do that makes this behave correctly,
although the temps-array is removed from the stack prior to returning
from #contextOn:do:?

I ask because I need to recreate that behaviour in case it also appears
in other places. The general  project is creating a squeak research VM.
That is also why I try to refrain from changing the image, retaining
compatibility with Pharo/Squeak trunk.

Thank you, Lars