[Vm-dev] Re: Issue 132 in cog: Build Fails on OpenBSD. ucontext is not available

James Wright james_wright at cox.net
Mon Oct 7 20:03:22 UTC 2013

Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda <at> gmail.com> writes:

> OK, I'll fix this and make printing the registers unavailable on FreeBSD.
 But that means no profiler either
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 7:37 AM,  <cog <at> googlecode.com> wrote:

Or you could use one of the alternatives to the ucontext functions: POSIX
threads or sigaltstack + *jmp (there doesn't seem to be a hard requirement
for ucontext).  Qemu uses the latter (and includes equivalent ucontext
support too, useful for comparison) and many projects likely use the former
without having considered using ucontext at all.  It seems like replacing
ucontent instead of reducing certain platforms' functionality merely to
enable use of a no longer supported, obsoleted and removed set of functions
would be a good idea, a small step to increase code portability.  This is,
after all, Unix not Linux.