first window, yay! Re: [Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.399.mcz

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 23:15:29 UTC 2013

>> - Are #become: and #becomeForward: optimized for the case where both
>> objects use the same amount of memory?
>

> Yes.  This case simply swaps contents and adjusts the remembered table
> accordingly.  Tim also suggested optimizing the other case, copying into
> the smaller object and only allocating one extra clone, which I'll
> implement soon.

Just curious....This "simply swaps contents" isn't only for #become: ? Or
there is a way to do something to avoid updating pointers for
#becomeForward as well?  Maybe there is something related about lazy become
/ forwarding pointers / proxies or whatever that could help?

Thanks,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com