first window, yay! Re: [Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.399.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Sep 21 18:39:13 UTC 2013

Great progress. I've got a few questions about Spur and the bootstrap:
- How will HashedCollections other than MethodDictionaries get rehashed?
How #hash be calculated from #identityHash?
- What will happen to primitive 138 and 139? Will we still be able to
iterate over the objects in the order of their creation time?
- IIUC the memory is more segmented. Will there be new GC primitives
for various levels of garbage collection? What about the GC parameters?
- Are #become: and #becomeForward: optimized for the case where both
objects use the same amount of memory?

Levente