[Vm-dev] Plugins Directory

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Apr 2 18:33:30 UTC 2014

Hi Colin,

>I've been working on a custom build of Cog (rev 2886) on Linux. I notice that the VM always looks  for plugins in the same directory as the VM binary, and thus we need a wrapper script to set SQUEAK_PLUGINS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly.
 >I'd like to do away with the wrapper script in my specific case, since I know in advance where everything will be installed. Is there a way to specify the plugin directory at compile time?

At the bottom of the class comment of VMMaker is a discussion of plugins.

In there is this little snippet:

Known problems:-
a) since Squeak has really poor filename handling, you can't simply change the directory names to '/foo/bar/myEvilCodeBase' and expect it to work. You fix file names and I'll fix VMMaker :-)

My guess on hacking it would be on the class side of VMMaker under the accessing protocol: coreVMDirName, machinesDirName, etc...

That's just  conjecture on my part.

cheers.

tty