[Vm-dev] Camera sig fault on 64 bits machines.

Gustavo Duarte gus.duarte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 13:41:08 UTC 2014

Hi Dave,

I followed your suggestion and could resolve this issue, thanks a lot.

Here the steps followed:

1) Uninstall, squeak-vm 64 bits comes with Ubuntu distribution, without
its depends.

1) dpkg -r --force-no-depends squeak-vm

2) Download squeak-vm 32 bits.

wget http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.10.2.2614-linux_i386.sh

sudo sh Squeak-4.10.2.2614-linux_i386.sh

Choice  as path prefix /usr instead default: /usr/local

3) Install 32 bits compatibility library:

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

I know that is a workaround, the finally solution as you said, is update
the plugins to working properly on 64 bit architectures.

Thank you very much !

Gustavo.