[Vm-dev] Re: Pharo VM bug 11130

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:29:01 UTC 2014

Good news,
I've managed to make your issue apparently vanish in Pharo3.0 VM.
For this, I:
- cleaned up unecessary differences with Eliot's VMMaker.oscog branch,
- removed unecessary changes ahead of VMMaker.oscog-eem.333 version (those
stamped LucFabresse)
- carefully applied changes from VMMaker.oscog-eem.333 that were not applied
  Note that this version was marked as merged, which it was obviously not
  Please, if you do not fully merge, but just cherry pick some changes,
it's better to not merge.
- upgraded to (merged) VMMaker.oscog-eem.335 because it fixes a snafu
- integrated the issues for which I emitted a pull request

All this work can be found publicly at
https://github.com/nicolas-cellier-aka-nice/pharo-vm/compare/fixMergeWithEliotVersion333

I cannot tell which missing change exactly was the root cause, and I cannot
dissect either, but I saw several + LiteralStart missing... Or it could be
related to cogit method/block native code generation...
The changes are most probably here
https://github.com/nicolas-cellier-aka-nice/pharo-vm/commit/af718618eee516d15c0b362123e3a77c8b6fd2e8

Bad news,
the structures at beginning of src/cm/cogit.c are generated out of order,
and I didn't find the cause yet.
Once solved, I think my branch should be carefully reviewed and integrated.