[Vm-dev] CMakeMaker--whaddya think?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Apr 16 11:22:56 UTC 2014

Hi Estaban,

>>Is a bit frustrating so I will say it again: CMakeMaker already does that. And it does it for *any* vm flavour (we are generating pharovm because that’s what we are using, but the builders for cog, stack and even interpreter are there, and working… bah the interpreter version needs >>some work).
 >>Nothing prevents you to copy the pharo flavour and adapt it as squeak flavour.
 >>Nothing prevents you to do the same for newspeak.

 >>cheers,
 >>Esteban

 >>ps: Thanks Dave for noticing :)

I did not know that project existed;  of course I will start with that and with the existing Interpreter stuff Dave mentioned.

Its is refreshing to know my instincts on how to approach the project where correct! Heck, we even came up with the same name for it!

(:

I am still going to take a couple of days to touch all the Commands, Modules and Variables in CMake because it is a useful exercise.
When I am done with that, I have saved this thread and I will examine all existing work and get the project done.

cordially,

tty

p.s. thank you all for the heads ups and pointers