[Vm-dev] Tim Rowledge, what is your Raspberry PI config?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Apr 20 16:25:12 UTC 2014

On 20-04-2014, at 5:04 AM, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

> Nope, that is enough.
>
> I just don't want to drop $$ on something that will not work (Like recently happened with my webcam).

Ah, I see.

Well in the US/Canada you can get a Pi from Farnell (www.farnell.com) for the ‘official’ price + shipping where a number of places I’ve seen appear to be asking more. I got a pair of usb cellphone chargers (in case of DOA, damage, explosions) for $4.95 (delivered!) and a hdmi-dvi cable for $3.48 (delivered!) off eBay. An old usb keyboard, an old monitor with hdmi or dvi input, an SD card and away you go. There are lots of cases on offer from eBay sellers too, I found one for maybe $8 - but then savaged an old mini-mac expansion box to make a nicer unit with a usb hub included.

tim
Oxymorons: Resident alien