[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.958.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Dec 1 18:17:07 UTC 2014

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-eem.958.mcz

Name: VMMaker.oscog-eem.958
Author: eem
Time: 1 December 2014, 10:14:44.613 am
UUID: a63f2901-77e4-4db7-a6d2-16f121e54bac
Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-eem.957

Fix simulation of sizeof: in InterpreterPlugins

=============== Diff against VMMaker.oscog-eem.957 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: InterpreterPlugin>>sizeof: (in category 'simulation support') -----
  sizeof: objectSymbolOrClass
  	<doNotGenerate>
+ 	objectSymbolOrClass isInteger ifTrue:
+ 		[^interpreterProxy wordSize].
+ 	"In the simulator file handles are just integer indices into openFiles and so need
+ 	 only be BytesPerWord big. But in the actual VM they are at least 5 words long."
- 	"In the simulator file handles are just integer indices into openFiles and so need only be BytesPerWord big.
- 	 But in the actual VM they are 5 words long.  We assume the file offset type is always 64-bit"
  	objectSymbolOrClass == #SQFile ifTrue:
  		[^interpreterProxy wordSize * 5].
+ 	"We assume the file offset type is always 64-bits."
  	objectSymbolOrClass == #squeakFileOffsetType ifTrue:
  		[^8].
  	^super sizeof: objectSymbolOrClass!