[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] Simulator in Pharo 3

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Thu Feb 13 08:17:13 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot:

On 13 Feb 2014, at 05:46, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  What’s the easiest way to map this to a Monticello mcz so I can integrate your changes back into my packages?

I think the bigger question is whether you actually want to adopt those things.
If you skim over the diffs on Github [1], you will probably find that most of the changes are necessary to adopt Pharo-specific API changes.
Not sure what the best way forward would be to avoid having the two Squeak and Pharo flavors diverge even more.

I am open to suggestions, don’t have a good idea how to properly ‘modularize’ these differences myself…

Best regards
Stefan

[1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/18

--